Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stamping Class - September 09

For this class we did Iris Folding. Quite an interested technique. No difficult at all, but it can take some time.
I chose to use a Xmas Tree for the card, but the options where endless. I could have use one of the other templates instead, but since we are heading into The Silly Season, I thought it would be a good inspiration.



What we did:
  1. Cut the template and stick it on to card stock ready to be used.
  2. Then used the outline from the template to draw and cut this from a piece of card stock that is to be attached to the main card.
  3. For the design I chose I needed 3 pieces of designer paper.
  4. I cut 3 strips of 1" each. For this design maybe 2 would have been enough. Then fold each strip in half.
  5. Stick one strip at a time following the numbers in the template, making sure that the same colours were attached to the same section.
  6. To finish it off, I put a gold brad in the shape of a star on top of the tree.
The end result was quite stunning. What do you think?



Anamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment