Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby Card

One of my close friends had her baby yesterday and today the kids and I went to visit her and the baby at the hospital. I made last night a card for the baby, but again in the excitement of finishing it and getting the rest of the present sorted out I forgot to take a picture. However I do plan to go back and visit again and hopefully take a quick picture of the card.

In any case before making the actual card, I decided that I wanted to check that what I had in mind would work or not. So here is the trial card I made .......

I bought a pack card templates some time ago for the kids to do crafts with me. I have a pack of flowers, sea animals and some Easter templates too. This time I chose the sea animals which contained a whale, a dolphin, a crab, a fish and a seahorse months ago. You can use these template for anything, so I have been waiting for the opportunity to use one of these again (I used another template set with flowers that I have some months ago). I chose to use for the seahorse template for the trial.















What I did for the trial:
  1. I cut the paper into squares of 2".

  2. Since the paper had lines a didn't what them all go in the same direction, so I made the point of rotating the paper when ever I cut a strip to cut my squares. Then I pasted each square on top of the seahorse.

  3. Once the template was covered and dried, I used a utility knife to cut out the excess.

  4. Then I used a green gel pen and went around each square creating some faux stitching.

  5. To finish it off a put goggle eye.

It looked really good, so then I decided to create the card for my friend.


The same as above, but I chose the whale template instead. Once I had the paper piecing done and the faux stitching finished, I decided to create the illusion of the whale blowhole. So here is how I managed to do that.





What I did for the final card:
  1. I cut 3 pieces of wire in different colours and attach to the letters B O & Y
  2. Then I used my oval punch and 1/2" circle punch to create the message "It's a ... " for the effect of bubbles.
  3. Then I used a 1/4" circle punch to create little bubbles that I stack on to the wire with glue dots.

The effect was great and the card looked fantastic.

Anamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment