Sunday, October 4, 2009

Halloween Card - Frankenstein

I have been following Angie Kennedy Juda blog for some months now and she has created a number of Halloween cards that I have been wanting to copy for a while. In patitcular 3 that she created to look like Frankenstein, Dracula and a Mummy. So today, inspired by Frankenstein Box, I created a mini Frankenstein card.



What I did:
  1. I used Old Olive SU card stock and cut it into 3 strips of 4" each and then each strip I cut in half, creating a card 4" x 6" (folded in half).

  2. Using black card stock I cut a strip of 2 1/2" and then used my Martha Stewart punch to imitate his hair. I cut a 3" piece and attached it to the top of the card.
  3. For the eyes, I cut 2 x circles using the 1/2" circle punch on white card stock and 2 x circles using the 1/4" circle punch on black cardstock. Stack the black circles towards the bottom of the white circles.

  4. For the eyelid I used a 1" circle punch on SU Old Olive card stock and cut the circle in half. These were too big so I cut about 1/8" from the curve area and attached these the eyes above. Ideally I should have used a 3/8" cirle punch but I don't have it (yet!!!)

  5. For the nose, I used a SU Green cardstock and 1/2" circle punch and cut the piece in half.

  6. As the final touch, I used a black marker and created its mouth in the shape of a "W" as well as some scar marks on its face.

I'm very pleased with the result and even more importantly, very pleased with finally taking the plung this weekend and using some of the supplies I have to re-create some of the cards and items that I have admire on so many blogs for some months. YEAH!!!!!


The next one I want to do is the Mummy one. So watch out.


Anamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment