Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Card - Girl Origami Dress

Some months ago I made a birthday card for my niece with an origami dress at the front. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it. It was so cute, that I decided to make a similar card for my friend's daughter birthday. I have a few origami dresses designs but I used the one that looks more like a girls dress.



What I did:

  1. I cut a piece of paper into a 6" square.

  2. Following the instructions in an origami site I made the dress.

  3. I cut the A4 size SU! Pink card stock in half for the card for a standard card size.

  4. Then using my Fiskars border scallop punch I punch the right hand side.

  5. Then I cut a 1" piece of purple card stock and stand this underneath the scallope.

  6. Using a left over piece of purple I punch the large oval punch to mat the oval above, and paste it on the side.

  7. I used white ribbon around the card next to the scallop starting and finishing on the front so the inside of the card is neat.

  8. Once the ribbon is in place, I stack 4 pink half pink pearls on the top sections of the ribbon.

  9. Then using double sided tape I placed the dress in the card.

  10. Then using a whilte gel pen put some white faux stitches on the exposed purple card.

  11. Finally I used a pink sitcker that said Happy Birthday below the dress.

As soon as I have done the other one I may add a link here to it.




Anamaria

No comments:

Post a Comment